Want to study in Australia? HRUSHI OVERSEAS is Ahmedabad’s leading overseas education consultant with years of experience and right approach. Studying in Australia has never been this easy. Sure you may have heard about the hassle related to visa application for study in Australia. But at HRUSHI OVERSEAS, we take care of your needs from preparing you for IELTS/PTE to giving career counselling, we cover every requirement..


Did you know Australia has the third highest number of international students in the world behind only the United Kingdom and the United States despite having a population of only 23 million? This isn’t surprising when you are considering a Student visa to Australia. Australia has seven of the top 100 universities in the world and five of the 30 best cities in the world for students based on student mix, affordability, quality of life, and employment activity – all important elements for students when choosing Australia as a study destination.

The Australian education system has produced scientists, designers, educators, entrepreneurs, artists and humanitarians who have changed the world. Their global achievements include the “black box” now on every airplane, the Earth hour initiative, and the invention of Wi-Fi.

Why Australia

Apply Under SVP:Streamlined Visa Processing system
Global Recognition:Degrees from Australian Institutions are recognized globally
Quality of Education:Education standards are higher and the academic environment is stimulating Economical:Living costs and tuition fees are comparatively lower than most other countries
Diversity of Education:22,000+ courses from 1100+ Institutions to choose from
Cultural Diversity:International Students from 50+ nationalities study in Australia making it a truly multicultural environment
Visa Success Ratio:High Visa success rate


Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students, with more than 1,100 institutions and over 22,000 courses to choose from.
You can study at all levels of education from primary and secondary school to vocational education and training (VET), from English language courses to higher education (including 43 universities).

Universities: Australia is home to 43 universities with at least one university main campus based in each state or territory. Most universities have more than one campus and are located across multiple states and territories. In the academic ranking of the world, 4 universities are in the top 100; 8 are in the top 300; 18 are in the top 400 and 19 are in the top universities. According to the QS World University Ranking, there are 8 universities which are ranked in the top 100 and according to Times Higher Education; Australia has 16 universities which are ranked in the top 100.

Vocational Education

Vocational education and training (VET) institutions specialize in providing students with hands-on experience and real-world skills. Australia’s VET sector is based on a partnership between governments and industry. VET qualifications are provided by government institutions, called Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions, as well as private institutions. Many of the VET courses incorporate a period of on-site learning, which means you don’t just learn in a classroom, but get priceless industry experience in a genuine work environment.


February and July are the major intakes across universities with a few offering November intake as well.
February, July, and September are the major intakes for all another type of institutions.


Education Costs: The costs of studying in Australia depend on the institution and the level of study you choose.
The list below gives you an indication of the range of course costs for different types of qualifications:
• English language studies – Around $300 per week depending on course length
• Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – $10,000 to $22,000
• Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $18,000 to $30,000
• Postgraduate Masters Degree – $22,000 to $32,000
• Doctoral Degree – $25,000 to $37,000

Cost of Living:
• According to the Australian government, an international student spends an average of AUD $1550 per month towards living expenses. But from the research, it is seen that Indian students spends around AUD $600 to $800 per month as living expenses which includes accommodation, food, entertainment, transportation, etc.
• For a couple, the official living expense is AUD $2090 approx per month whereas Indian Couples spends around AUD $1200 per month.

Funding Requirement: You have to submit evidence of your funds and it should be 3 months old from the date of application applied. It is needed for the maintenance of your stay in Australia.

The documents include:
• Evidence of financial supporter’s occupation and annual income where a letter from the supporter’s employment is asked including full contact of the supporter, contact details and persona bank statement with tax returns of the last 3 years.
• Loan disbursement letter.
• CA statements of the supporter.
• Balance sheet and signed boned with the company is needed in case of company sponsorship.
• Evidence of ownership and valuation of land, income statement from the regional authority and receipt of sales and J form is needed in case of income sourced from agriculture.Evidence of ownership of property and land deeds are needed for the evidence of rental income.
• A letter from the company at the retirement stating the amount of pension is needed in case of retirement income.

The immigration department should be satisfied that the student will have enough access to the funds they claim for the travel, tuition and living cost for themselves and for their family members.

Unacceptable FundsAcceptable Funds
• KVP, NSC Fixed Deposits
• Shares, debentures, bonds, Balance in Savings Account
• LIC surrender value Public Provident Fund (PPF)
• Capital account in business EPF, GPF, PF, CPF
• C-op bank balance and FDs

There are many scholarships which can help support you financially with your studies in Australia. They are offered by the Australian Government, education institutions, and a number of other public and private organisations. Here is information about some of the major scholarships programs available for international students:
Australia Awards –The program brings together scholarships offered by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT), the Department of Education and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR).
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships – The International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) program focuses on improving the quality of Australian research. An IPRS scholarship lets you study in Australia with some of the best researchers in your field.
Australia APEC Women in Research Fellowship – The program is open to high-achieving female researchers from APEC economies for research opportunities in partnership with Australian education and research institutions.

Study Work Rights:
• Once students have commenced the course, you are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight (14 days) when your course is in session and unlimited hours when your course is not in session.
• As a Masters by research or doctoral degree student in Australia, there is no limit on the number of hours you may work.
• In the case of Dependent family members, there is no limit on the number of hours you may work if the student holds a higher education sector or Postgraduate research sector visa.
• Students can expect a wage rate of $18 to $25 per hour depending on job profile and industry. So a student can expect to earn an average of $1440 to $2000 Per Month.

Post-Study Work Rights: Students are allowed to have the following post study work visa
Course Work Rights
• Bachelor Degree & Master by Coursework Degree 2 Years
• Master’s by Research Graduates 3 Years
• Ph.D. Graduates 4 Years

Dependent Visa: If your partner has a student visa, you will get a full-time work in Australia and can also study there for 3 months. If the student has student visa subclasses 572, 573 and 576, then you can be eligible for a work visa with the same period and if you also want to study for long duration then you have to apply for a student visa. You should wait till the visa holder has started his course in Australia, during the application process in which the information of your partner should be filled in applicant forms and there is no separate form for your partner’s visa. Your spouse is allowed to work and stay there till the course duration is given to the student.

You will need some documents to apply for visa
• Valid Passport Copies
• Marriage Certificate
• Two Photographs (45mmx35mm)
• Marriage Photographs
• Birth Certificate
• Education Certificate
• Work Experience Evidence


Application Process
The students are supported by the HRUSHI OVERSEAS experts throughout the process of Australian student visa, which checks for the requirements in getting an entry. We apply for the Conditional Offer Letter from the education provider once the student gets registered and has submitted all his/her important documents. If the student has English test score then he/she can directly apply for the Unconditional Offer Letter, it may take 4-6 months for assessment to process of student visa to Australia depending upon the provider. Additional documents may also be requested if required.
The applicant will be required to submit the required documents for the Streamline Visa Process (SVP) after the offer letter is received, and has to furnish the financial documents for the amount to be shown. The first semester fees should be paid to the education provider and may be some institutions ask for the full fee of 1 year.
The education provider issues the Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (ECOE) when SVP process is completed. The application for the student visa will be sent to Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Australia. You should apply for the visa before 12 weeks of the orientation day in the institution. The student can go to Australia once the visa process for Australia is approved.

Document Checklist: Various documents are required from the Education Provider for the Offer Letter.
• Original Passport
• School Leaving Certificate / Birth Certificate
• 10th, 12th Mark sheet, and Attempt certificate
• Diploma or ITI Mark sheets, Degree or Provisional Certificate
• Bachelor mark sheets, Degree or Provisional Certificate
• Master Mark sheet, Degree or Provisional Certificate
• Transcript if available
• Work Experience Letter
• IELTS /English Language Certificate
• Resume / CV
• Any other relevant certificates
• Letter of Recommendation
• SOP (Statement of Purpose)
• Marriage Certificate

The following documents are required for the visa processing with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP):
• Visa application form 157A
• Visa application fee
• Four photographs (45mmx35mm)
• Valid passport All Pages
• Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECOE)
• IELTS result
• Academic and work experience documents
• Statement of purpose
• Evidence of financial ability
• A Proof is needed to show the relationship between you and your family.
• Marriage certificate
• If you are under 18 and are applying in Australia for a student visa you will need to show evidence of when you lodge your application.
• If anyone in the application has changed his/her name, certified copies of documents verifying the name change will be needed.

Note: Additional documents or other forms may be asked to submit for the application process and all the documents should be notarized and self-attested.